Sunday, May 6, 2007

Freshman Year

As the final week of my first year of college comes to a close, I can not help but to be filled with a million different emotions. Just eight months ago, I came to this place as a rather different person than who I am today. Now, less than a year later, I am forced to leave my friends, move back home, and live exactly the way I used to. For me, this school year has gone by too fast. I have quite a few friends who absolutely cannot wait to go home. They cannont wait to be back in a place they are all too familiar with. They want to be with their families and the friends whom they grew up with. For me however, I am not ready to leave this place. I have met some amazing lifetime friends who I know I will stay in contact with for the rest of my life. I have falllen in love, learned so much about myself, and am not ready to leave this place. Posted in the bathroom of my dorm, I read something that explains freshman year quite perfectly for a number of different people. Unfortunately, I do not know who wrote it:

We now know the meaning of true friendship. We know whom we have kept in touch with over the past year and whom we hold dearest to our hearts. We've left our high school worlds to deal with the real world. We've had our hearts broken, we've fell in love, we've helped oru best friends through the toughest ties of their lives, something their even best friends at home couldn't be there for. We've stayed up all night just to be there for a friend. We've parties the night away, doing stupid stuff, but we were always there for each other afterwards.......

Freshman year is coming to a close and I am not ready to leave. Leave this place, but especially leave my friends whom I have come to love over the past year.....

No comments: