Sunday, May 6, 2007

Growing up

Throughout our days in class, a lot of what we discussed had to do with growing up, voice and the reasons behind why each person is the way they are. In my beliefs, the following is about my voice, explainging why I have become the way I am.


Growing up, as the daughter of an avid fly fisherman who made his career as a Fishing Guide, I spent a lot of my days on the Yellowstone river. In the movie A River Runs Through It, there is a famous quote that is said: “In my family, there was no clear division between religion and fly fishing.” Well, this quote reminds me of my family very much.
With my father having the career that he did, I was able to learn and appreciate the greatness of the Yellowstone River. In fact, I would consider the perfect day for me one which included floating the Yellowstone with my family and friends. I have countless memories of my family and I being on the Yellowstone, whether we were fishing or simply relaxing. Just as many Montanans would, I consider myself to be a person who loves the outdoors. I love the mountains that I am surrounded by day after day. I love how at night I am able to see the starts and feel safe.
My mom is a teacher, and someone who loves to help other people. She is a caring and compassionate woman, and from her, I have learned a lot about life. My mom taught me how important it is to help out others when they are in need. Growing up, a couple times each month we would volunteer at the local soup kitchen. She showed me it is important to give back to others.
I have two older sisters, and just like my mother, they two decided to become teachers so that they could help other people. I am not exactly sure what I want to become when I grow up, however I do know that I want a career where I can make a difference in the lives of other people.
All in all, I would have to say that I grew up with a wonderful family. Through my family, I was able to learn how important it is to lend a hand to and care about other people. I was also able to learn about and appreciate the greatness of nature and the outdoors.

No comments: