Sunday, May 6, 2007

Shy

I have learned a lot in this class throughout the past three or four months. Last semester, I didn't really have any smaller classes where there was open discussion. This past semester however, has been much different. Through having the smaller, more community like classroom experience, I feel like I have progressed a great deal as a college student of the past semester.
I have been a shy person my entire life, as far back as I can remember. In fact, I can even remeber coming to college thinking I was going to have no friends becuase of the fact that I am such a shy person. During my first semester as a college student, I rarely spoke in discussion during class, or better yet, to my fellow classmates. Through having a smaller class, such as English 121 or University seminar, I feel that I have grown quite a bit. Although I am still a rather shy student, I have opened up a lot in the classroom. Nowadays, I commonly find myself talking amongst fellow classmates that I have gotten to know. It still takes a lot of courage for me to speak up in a class discussion, but I am working on becoming more involved in those discussions. Once again, through this class, as well as my other small classes, I have really come along way with my speaking abilities.

No comments: